Theory is a statement of how and why particular facts are related. In the context of JAPB, theory is all that which is not directly pertaining to specific items of gear, but more to how gear relates to other gear (in the context of taking photos).
See below for a list of the more detailed musings of the authors. You can also look at our glossary for explanations of the more simple* concepts and terms.
* simple, as in “explainable in a few paragraphs”.
Articles on theory:
- An introduction to Lens Mounts: Basics and (some) details [Pekka Buttler, March 2020]
- Legacy, Classic and Vintage lenses? What are those? [Pekka Buttler, April 2020]
- Identifying a lens mount (a not-so-short guide) [Pekka Buttler, May 2020]
- Practicalities of adapting lenses [Pekka Buttler, April–May 2020]